Using the service


Our Administration office is based at,

Broughshane House,
70 Main Street,
Co. Antrim BT42 4JW 

Tel 028 2586 2106


BACCS welcomes referrals from solicitors, the court, social workers or by parents themselves.

To discuss a possible referral, please contact the co-ordinator on 07849 498494. If no one is able to take your call, please leave a message and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.

Before contact can begin, the co-ordinator will carry out a pre visit interview with each parent usually in the comfort of their own home. Parents may wish to visit the centre in advance of the first contact visit and this can be arranged by the co-ordinator.

Attendance at the centres is not a long term solution to the problems with contact and will be subject to review as required. Most families use the centre for 3-4 months before coming to more permanent arrangements outside in the community.

After a period of contact within the centres some families move to using the centre as a handover point for the children. This allows the parent having contact to go outside for two hours with the children and return within 2 hours , in time for the other parent to pick them up. This is particularly useful where both parents are happy for contact to take place, but either can’t agree on handover, or don’t wish to meet at handover time.

If the visit is to take place outside the building. Written consent must be given by each parent in advance.

Contact is for 2 hours on a Saturday morning. The times are

Ballymena Centre is open on a weekly basis Saturdays 10.00 – 12.00pm

Antrim Centre is open Saturday mornings 11.00 – 1.00pm

It is often assumed that the person seeking contact is the father. This is not always true. We have mothers, grandparents and other siblings seeking contact.

Solicitor Referral Form

Self Referral

Many families wish contact to take place, but would prefer it to start at a contact centre, however they are put off by the cost of using solicitors and the courts.

Referrals need not end up in court. Solicitors can draw up an agreement between both parent and submit a referral form to us.

Families can also self refer directly to us, however it does require both parents to agree to the contact and we would ask your permission to contact Social Services to ensure there are no reasons why contact cannot take place. A self referral is very simple. Just email us at and we will forward you a Self Referral form and an information leaflet explaining the process.

Self Referral Form

Self Referral Information Leaflet